Stay On Trend With These 7 Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
Are you sitting at your computer and looking up kitchen remodelers in Northern VA to bring the heart of your home into the modernity of 2018? If so, you’re not alone. According to a survey by the National Association of Home Builders survey, at 69% kitchen remodeling was the second most popular request of all solicited jobs. When you contact kitchen remodelers in Northern VA, be sure to ask for these latest kitchen trends to keep your kitchen in the modern era.
- Quartz Countertops: Quartz is quickly outstripping granite as the most popular countertop option in high-end kitchens. Quartz requires very little maintenance, is extremely hardy, lasts for decades, and is anti-microbial. Manufacturers have been able to create quartz countertops in a variety of colors as well as unique finishes with elaborate swirls and large veining for a natural stone feel.
- Storage Solution Cabinetry: Traditionally-structured drawers and cabinets leave a lot of wasted space because it’s not easily accessible or leaves awkward empty spaces. Instead, install deep drawers with dividers for plate and bowl storage, roll-out trays and caddies for pots and pans, and pull-out cabinets for recycling and garbage cans.
- Large Kitchen Island: Create a distinctive focal point of your kitchen with a large island that serves as a casual dining table and prep station on the top and storage center down below. This will cut down on the wall space that traditional cabinets take up and is a convenient location to install a dishwasher or a small wine fridge.
- White, Gray, Or Dark Cabinets: White has always been a popular color for cabinetry because of its clean look and ability to fit in with any kitchen design. Gray cabinets are a slight variation, but pair better with natural elements or glamour accents. Dark jewel tones are making a come-up because of their ability to make a kitchen space feel both dramatic and elegant at once.
- Backsplash That Stands Out: Kitchen backsplashes are being used to make a statement with strong designs and material choices. Statuary marble or mosaic glass tile mixed with natural stone create an eye-catching design. With wall cabinets becoming less prominent, try extending part of the backsplash all the way to the ceiling for a nice focal point. This trend can also work for your next bathroom remodel.
- Alternative Wood: In place of the traditional maple, woods like cherry, mahogany, and bamboo are growing as popular choices for kitchen cabinetry and islands. These out-of-the-box woods will give your kitchen a distinctive look with an extra flair.
- Specialty Lighting: Customize your kitchen’s lighting to your family’s needs. Specialty lighting comes in cabinet lighting, task lighting, and smart systems that can be programmed for cooking, entertaining, or homework time. Also, take this time to check out your lighting fixtures and find fun designs that speak to you.
With your new knowledge of what is trending in kitchen design, you are ready to contact dating morgantown to get the kitchen of your wildest dreams.